RE: Windows 2003 Standard Edition and the 2G limit

From: Marco Gralike <Marco.Gralike_at_AMIS.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:12:07 +0100

On WIN2K3 Server you could set /PAE or /4Gb in your boot.ini On WIN2K3 Server Enterprise Edition you will have to set /PAE

Last week we had the same problem during a fresh install of Oracle 10.1.0.5 on Win2003 Server standard. Despite the 4Gb mem only 3.1 Gb was shown in "taskmanager". After setting /PAE in the boot.ini the full amount/installed memory of 4Gb was shown. Alas i only allocated 2*1Gb for 2 instances so i can not tel for certain if you will have to do more to allocate more than 2Gb for Oracle per instance

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Luc Demanche Sent: dinsdag 21 februari 2006 21:57
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Windows 2003 Standard Edition and the 2G limit

Hi,

We are facing problem with ORA-04030 on Windows 2000 Standard Edition with Oracle 9.2
We have 4G of RAM on the server, but Windows can not handle process bigger then 2G.

We have adjusted our SGA, PGA to fit in that 2G limit. But we want to use more of the RAM.

If we migrate to Windows 2003, will we be able to use more than 2G of RAM ?   Thanks
Luc

--
Luc Demanche
Oracle DBA