RE: RAC 10g interconnect resilient configuration

From: Bryan Thomas <bthomas_at_perftuning.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:06:04 -0600

Luca,

I would highly recommend anyone setting up RAC to using bonding for the interconnect.

We have seen problems with the VIP not failing over properly in certain circumstances.

Dell has a good document that describes the NIC bonding located here:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/appora10/linEM64T/en/index.ht m

Bryan Thomas

Senior Performance Consultant
Performance Tuning Corp.