heterogeneous services for connecting progress to oracle

From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam_at_thomascook.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:48:35 +0100

Hi,

As far as I understand from some research there are the following options for connecting
Progress to Oracle:
- use progress gateway for oracle

First options is not really my favourite because I want Oracle to be leading in the exchange of data, it
has to extracted from progress to oracle. I understand for the first two options that there are stability problems. The thirth options I cannot find any experiences.

Is there anybody who can shed some light about do's and don't on this? Details: HP-UX 11.11 Oracle 9.2.0.6
Progress 8 Windows 2003

Tnx in advance

Jeroen