EBU catalog backup

From: Alessandro Vercelli <alever_at_libero.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:34:09 +0100

Hi all,
I'm working in a large (and obsolete....)Oracle environment with multiple systems/instances, backup tool is Legato; I noticed that backup scripts have "catalog=none" option, therefore the catalog db is not backup up. Now I'd like to enable catalog backup (by "backup catalog" command or changing scripts) but what I'm worried about is the amount of time needed to perform the catalog backup, as no EBU jobs can be performed during catalog backup.

Have anybody some suggestions about this issue, specifically the amount of time to perform the catalog backup (with ebu)?

I know that this tool is somehow "jurassic" but, perhaps the "older" DBAs can some information.

Many thanks

Alessandro