RE: Allowing users to execute shell scripts without seeing password

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:36:08 -0700

Yes, you must have read permission also to execute a script:

## As user1 (file owner):
/mnt1/oracle ->cat test.ksh

date

/mnt1/oracle:$ ll test.ksh

-rwx-----x 1 oracle dba 10 Feb 16 11:27 test.ksh

## As user2:
/mnt1/oracle:$ test.ksh

test.ksh: Cannot find or open the file.

## As user1 (file owner):
/mnt1/oracle ->chmod 705 test.ksh
/mnt1/oracle ->ll test.ksh

-rwx---r-x 1 oracle dba 5 Feb 16 11:32 test.ksh

## As user2:
/mnt1/oracle:$ ./test.ksh

Thu Feb 16 11:33:31 PST 2006