Listener password encryption

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:55:29 -0500

I am trying to save an encrypted password for the listener and although it responds that the command was completed successsfully, it isn't turning on security and doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas? This is Oracle 9207 on a Windows 2003 server. This is what I am doing:

LSNRCTL>set save_config_on_stop on
LSNRCTL>set password password_name

My understanding is that security in "status" should be set to on and I should see some comments at the bottom of the listener file, but I am not seeing those.