Allowing users to execute shell scripts without seeing password

From: Fred Smith <fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:29:09 -0500

Hi all,
  I've been trying to figure out a way that I can have my users allowed to login to the server (HP-UX) with their own account and run a shell script that's owned my me ... but I don't want them to be able to see the password. I had no luck just granting them execute on the shell script, they had to have read priviledges in order to execute it apparently.   Any suggestions??

Thank you!
-FS

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 12:29:09 CST