RE: Linux multipathing for 10g DB on SAN storage

From: Magni Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Magni_at_rasnet.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:28:24 +0100

Hi Luca,
I use the qlogic failover on several production systems and so far I didn't get any real problem (only minor issues). The distro is suse and not RH but it shouldn't matter here.

At the moment I'm testing the device mapper multipath capabilities.

I believe my next generation of DBs (on SLES10) will use this dm-multipath.

By the way: I have oracle on filesystem or ASM. LUNs can go from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 20. More in the future with the new symmetrix we bought.
After I dismissed my last 9i RAC I don't have raw devices anymore on linux.

Can you describe the problem you hit?

Fabrizio