Re: Testing Direct I/O

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:07:06 -0500

I know OP was using HPUX, but I did some testing on this under Solaris recently.
I was under the impression that you could enable direct IO using filesystemio_options=directIO or filesystemio_options=setall, but I did not actually see any results until I remounted the filesystem using the "forcedirectio" option in /etc/vfstab.
It seems that the documentation and metalink info is kind of misleading and conflicting in this area.

--Peter
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 11:07:06 CST