Re: Linux multipathing for 10g DB on SAN storage

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:59:42 -0500

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:04:43PM +0100, Luca Canali wrote:
> I would be interested in knowing from people who have experience with
> configuring multipathing for Linux. My systems are 10g (R1 and R2) RACs

I tested under rh4. My rh3 test died a terrible death.

The nahant list is pretty active:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/

We did have to upgrade code:
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/dm/multipath-tools/

I tested last Fall and could not get this software to do load balancing. It worked well on one of the paths. I was probably testing code that is ancient history by now.

BTW, I did download the veritas filesystem (free test for linux last Fall) and tested that, and it worked perfectly. The price was alot different, however.