RE: Recover from a dropped datafile

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:13:53 +0800

At 01:21 AM Wednesday, Jeremiah Wilton wrote:
>Hemant,
>

>Why do you feel must the database be started in NOARCHIVELOG mode?
>
>Jeremiah Wilton

ooh sorry. I thought that you can OFFLINE DROP only when in NOARCHIVELOG mode.
Actually, if you are in NOARCHIVELOG mode you can *only* OFFLINE DROP -- the OFFLINE alone cannot work if the database is NOARCHIVELOG. Therefore, I was wrong in requiring that the Database be placed in NOARCHIVELOG first.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital