heavy concurrent inserts + buffer busy waits, enquee on ASSM

From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:23:56 +0300

Hello List,

We have solved log file sync issue and received another issue with heavy concurrent inserts. We have couple of tables used for heavy inserts and they are in tablespace which is LMT and ASSM. I was in a expressiong that ASSM will solve the concurrent insert issues of buffer busy wait by automatic freelist management. But, in our case, we still get this problems.
Moving those couple of tabels to a tbs with Manual freelist management defining freelist group as 3 and freelist as 7 or 9 value as storage value to those tables.

Is ther any other option that we can solve concurrent inserts issue?

--

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 03:23:56 CST