Re: can I measure IO per process?

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:26:05 -0500

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:17:17AM -0700, Allen, Brandon wrote:
> If you want to do it for a non-oracle process at the OS level, I'm not sure how to do that.

Cary hit the nail, in more ways than one:

Title:  	Oracle Response Time Optimization with Method R
Author: 	Cary Millsap

"A particularly important step forward, in my opinion, is Sun Microsystems's new dynamic tracing framework called DTrace, which properly instruments the operating system tier on Solaris 10 systems (http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/- content/dtrace/). Because the project is open source, I hope other operating systems will shortly follow suit as well."

If we were only there. Maybe next year.