Oracle Rac and IBM P-series machines

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:09:57 -0500

All,

We have a pair IBM P690 machines running AIX 5.3.

I was wondering if anyone is running RAC on these machines.

Is it true I would need to use RAW devices because of RAC? "Normal" file systems would not work for RAC.

And can the machines be geographically apart from each other (like within a mile)?

Last I heard the physical distance was a problem, but things change fast around here.

Thanks

Tom Mercadante