RE: tspitr and corruption followup

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:51:48 -0600

FYI, I used DBMS_REPAIR to identify all corrupt blocks in the segment, then attempt to fix or skip them entirely. From this I was able to retrieve 77K+ blocks of data, skipping 110. This is good enough for now.

One thing I will look into is all tables marked as NOLOGGING. It appears at some point an error occurred during the restore of this table. It was listed as NOLOGGING when backed up, so my assumption is RMAN tried to restore it that way, and when an error occurred it caused corruption. That's my uneducated guess at least. I'm not sure what that buys me, but I'm trying to gain someone from this experience, possibly adjusting the production env. just a bit to limit the impact when restoring.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley