Re: management app for oracle

From: bill thater <shrekdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:42:22 -0600

On 2/12/06, Simone Saravalli <s.saravalli_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, this is my first post in this list and I'm a completely newbie
> with oracle. I have a little experience with php/mysql, but now my
> university has asked to me to port a database created with mysql in
> oracle.
> So, the question: i'm looking for a tool like phpmyadmin for mysql to
> manage in a simple way the databases I need to create with oracle.
> Exists something similar?
> Ah, I've installed oracle 10g express version for linux (my server
> runs Fedora Core 4), so I need something for this system.

On 2/12/06, Simone Saravalli <s.saravalli_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, this is my first post in this list and I'm a completely newbie
> with oracle. I have a little experience with php/mysql, but now my
> university has asked to me to port a database created with mysql in
> oracle.
> So, the question: i'm looking for a tool like phpmyadmin for mysql to
> manage in a simple way the databases I need to create with oracle.
> Exists something similar?
> Ah, I've installed oracle 10g express version for linux (my server
> runs Fedora Core 4), so I need something for this system.

well, it depends on what you want to do with it. just make sure the database is running OK? will you be doing any pl/sql developmnt with it? will it be running on the same box as the database or on your desktop? what OS is the box the management software will be running on? [and yes you can run management software on a windows box to manage a database running on a linux server.]

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba_at_gmail.com
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and
inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.
    Douglas Adams