RE: Myths & legends: temporay segments and redo

From: David Kurtz <info2_at_go-faster.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:34:31 -0000

And just in case there is any ambiguity, it does not matter whether the sort operation is based on a normal permanent table or a global temporary table. Either way this test produces the same result, indicating that there is no redo during a sort-to-disk operation.

regards

David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660