Production Database Crash Recovery process - Some immediate advice ASAP pls

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:31:38 +0530

With a Production Crash on Hands, some urgent advice would help Folks:-

Aim - To Recover the Database upto 6 pm Point in time of 11 Feb 2006.

Using CANCEL based recovery upon attempting to open the Databse following Error is occurring:-

ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent

Qs. Should we Try to RECOVER to a Lesser Point in time BEFORE 6 pm, say 4:45 pm?

NOTE - We can NOT Recover to a point in Time After 6 pm.

Respond ASAP pls,

Thanks indeed