Re: Parallel Slaves and SESSIONS_PER_USER

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:20:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim

  I believe you should have a read of bug 4041253 because this feature does not work as documented. You might want to apply the fix for this.

  Regards,
Fairlie

Jim Silverman <jsilverman_at_Solucient.com> wrote:

        Hey, all.
  Does anybody know whether the number of parallel slaves assigned to a session count toward the user’s SESSIONS_PER_USER profile limit? For example, if a user submits a query with degree of parallelism 4, and 4 parallel query slaves are indeed assigned to work on this task, what would the number of concurrent sessions be vis-à-vis this profile limit? One – main session only? Four – parallel slaves only? Five – query coordinator plus slaves?   I’m pretty sure that I ran across a statement in some Oracle document somewhere indicating that the parallel slaves would, indeed, count toward the user’s session limit. Of course, now that I’m looking for that statement again, I can’t find it.   TIA.

  Jim Silverman
  Senior Systems Database Administrator
  Solucient, LLC
  Telephone: 734-669-7641
  FAX:            734-930-7611
  E-Mail:         jsilverman_at_solucient.com

This message is a private communication. It may contain information that is confidential and legally protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use this message or any attachments, and do not disclose them to others.

Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it and any attachments from your system.

Thank you,
Solucient LLC
(eXclaimer 4x)

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
Optus Telecommunications
www.optus.com.au
Mobile: +61 4 02 792 405
Home: +61 2 8920 0273

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.