Re: Timestamp of an SCN

From: Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:04:57 -0600

On 2/9/06, Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/9/06, David Sharples <davidsharples_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > setup port tunnelling from x to y via the hopping server so it can send them
> > directly
>
> This was refused saying that one can take physical control of the
> server, reboot from CD and hack into our network. My hands were tied
> to work on this. Security is big word here in my company. They are
> willing to loose 10 minutes of production data in case of disaster
> rather than open any scurity threat to the network,

Setup a remote tunnel from Y to X instead? Assuming a recent version of openssh, something like:

   ssh -R NNNN:127.0.0.1:NNNN user_at_X

Seriously, tho, II doubt the network security folks would like this version any better. :( It can be locked down fairly tight, however, through the use of a forced command and proper account configuration.

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.