Re: FW: RMAN FILES CORRUPT?

From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:13:38 -0700

Hmmm... We might need more information.

Files that "were produced on NT" "appear to be endless on Linux". How, precisely, is Linux "seeing" these files? Have you copied the files to a local (Linux) filesystem? Are you using SAMBA to read them remotely?

This seems to me to smack of a kernel/filesystem/ device-driver/hardware error. But there's no way to narrow anything down until we know *which* kernel/filesystem/devices are in play...

I think. ;-)