RE: database monitoring tools

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:17:23 -0500

Just saw a demo of Veritas i3. Looks pretty good. Decent end-to-end monitoring (Web server, App Server, Java Server & Database Server).

Still evaluating but so far, no huge red flags.

Anybody else have any comments?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Fuad Arshad Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:58 AM To: dbritnel_at_uwaterloo.ca; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: database monitoring tools

oem 10.2 grid control does most of what you want.

we just purchased foglight and quest central both are excellent tools to manage monitor and analyze the database

Doug Britnell <dbritnel_at_uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

        Hi all,

        First post.

        Am looking for advice/recommendations on 3rd party monitoring tools

        specifically for 10g.

        Here's a list of some of the things I'd like to monitor...many instances

        across many servers

	a.. object next extent fail
	a.. storage report
	a.. instance status
	a.. log switches summary
	a.. users in a locked state
	a.. mount point nearing full
	a.. Wait States
	a.. Logical vs Physical reads per Tablespace
	a.. SQL*Net
	a.. Rollback/Undo Statistics
	a.. Rollback/Undo Contention
	a.. Get/Hit Ratio