Re: new oracle software

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:21:26 -0800

I plan to attempt to use it as much as possible where I would normally use sqlplus. This is just to see what the tool is capable of, where it's weaknesses are, etc.

Don't have time until after Hotsos however.

I've used it several times, it seems to be a pretty good tool.

My main use of TOAD, and now Raptor, has always been to browse the database. If it can do everything sqlplus can do, that I need it to do, it will be pretty cool.

Right now it can't do that. Many SQL*Plus scripts cannot run in it now without error.

It will be quite a feat if it can unseat sqlplus, as I've grown quite accustomed to it over the years. Using several X-windows, vi and sqlplus, I can work pretty quickly.

That is, as long as I know what I'm doing. :)

Jared

--
Jared Still