RE: how do I concatenate a string in PL/SQL?

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:22:45 -0700

What is the error? What is a_ATWRT?

--

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.
-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Roger Xu Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:12 PM To: Oracle-L_at_Freelists. Org (E-mail)
Subject: how do I concatenate a string in PL/SQL?

I am a PL/SQL newbie and the following gives me errors while executing.

a_strng := NULL;
open b_cursor;
loop

    fetch b_cursor into a_ATWRT;
    a_strng := a_ATWRT || a_strng;
    exit when b_cursor%NOTFOUND;
end loop;
close b_cursor;

Thanks,

Roger

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to tech_support_at_dp7uptx.com.

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 15:22:45 CST