Re: SGA Free memory

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:28:21 -0600

Hi all:

I am watching the usage of the SGA on my database via the following command:

select to_char(sysdate,'mm-dd-yyyy hh24:mi:ss'), name, bytes/(1024*1024) from v$sgastat, dual
where pool like '%shared%' and name = 'free memory' order by bytes asc ;

I am running it every 10 seconds. Recently I saw the free memory going from 25M to 145M over the course
of 10 sec. I'm wondering what could have caused it. Would appreciate any suggestions

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle Engineering
224-405-4079