Re: Index compression on Oracle 9.2

From: jaromir nemec <jaromir_at_db-nemec.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:40:41 +0100

Hi,

> I must say that the paper is excellent, ..

Indeed, as other papers from this source.

> .. especially the finding that ..

I encountered some additional "minor issues" connected with compression of tables and indexes; may be some one will find this interesting:

ALTER TABLE t MOVE (sub)partition x compress; -- gives ora-14160 / ora-14257

alter table t compress;

alter table t move subpartition x; -- this subpartition will be compressed

Regards,

Jaromir D.B. Nemec