RE: connection to the database is slow

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:21:50 -0500

True enough Dimitre.....but, you learn it once, and it will serve you well. I think it's a worthwhile investment to learn how to read truss output....;-)

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dimitar Radoulov Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 2:20 PM
To: Thomas A. La Porte
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: connection to the database is slow

On 2/3/06, Thomas A. La Porte <tlaporte_at_anim.dreamworks.com> wrote:

	There isn't a mention of platform (client or server), but it
	would be useful to truss or strace the client process if you are

	on a Unix box.

	That should give you an indication of where the time is being
	spent, much like a 10043 trace. No sense guessing if you have
	tools available to tell you what's wrong.

I agree ..., but you have to consider the time you have to spend to learn to interpret the trace/strace/truss output :)

Regards,
Dimitre

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 03 2006 - 14:21:50 CST