Re: connection to the database is slow

From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:24:52 -0500

On v7( don't know which release) SQL*Net logging ( or trace, can't remember ) was enabled by default and would make connection process very slow. ( Problem similar to one with slow export on this list ). Check is trace/logging is enabled.

On 2/3/06, Joseph Amalraj <joseph_at_amalrajinc.com> wrote:

> Try connecting on the same box as the database thru' tnsnames.ora (tcp)
> connection. If it is still slow it is a listener issue.
>
> Check if listener is one of the top processes. The listener may be having
> a lot of workload, in which case listener process can be assigned a higher
> priority or a second listener can be created (but on a different port - and
> this may not be preferred).
>
> Load on the listener can be reduced by turning the local database
> connections to "bequeath" instead of ipc or tcp.
>
> Regards
>
> Joseph Amalraj

Regards,
Ranko Mosic
Contract Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle 10g, 9i Certified Database Professional
Phone: 416-450-2785
email: mosicr_at_rogers.com
http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@rogers.com/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html