Re: A moment of Silence for Lex De Haan

From: <Jceniceros_at_worldbank.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:42:08 -0500

Hi:

      I was fortunate to met Lex last year at HOTSOS and took some of his lectures there (specifically, he was a master of SQL syntax and constructs); but what made to me a most last impression was his ability to explain complicated terms and issues in a fluent and easy to understand language (it showed that he probably have taught at University or High School....it definitely showed he had experience teaching...which in our field sometimes is very rare to find).

      For those of you that didn't have the chance to meet him, and will like to know how he dealt with SQL stuff, you can try taking a look at one of his latest books:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590594487/ref=sr_11_1/002-9616154-0494427?%5Fencoding=UTF8

      Lex, please RIP.......

      Jorge C.

             Richard Ji
             <richard.c.ji_at_g
             mail.com>                                                       To
             Sent by:                oraracdba_at_yahoo.com
             oracle-l-bounce                                                 cc
             @freelists.org          oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                        Subject
                                     Re: A moment of Silence for Lex De Haan
             02/03/2006
             10:36 AM

             Please respond
             richard.c.ji_at_gm
                 ail.com

RIP our dear friend Lex, although we never met.

Richard Ji

On 2/2/06, Scott <oraracdba_at_yahoo.com> wrote:   I would like to take a moment to say goodbye to a   co-worker, a friend and a mentor. Lex was also a   friend to many on this list.

  Lex had cancer and passed away on February 1st.

  All I have to say is good bye and good luck my friend,

  Scott

  Do You Yahoo!?
  Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around   http://mail.yahoo.com