RE: Disable logging in tablespace vs using hidden parameter _disable_logging

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:29:58 +0100

Jurijs

>For some cases event that bit can be significant I believe.
>During some upgrades, implementations, transitions phases then disk IO
>is bottle neck for particular process disabling logging can speed up
>thinks tremendously.

Personally I don't like _disable_logging. Period. For this reason I have no particular experience to share with you... In the few occasions where the redo stream was really slowing down some particular tasks, I preferred to *temporarily* move the redo logs on some kind of memory disk (e.g. under Solaris it works fine if you put them under /tmp).

Regards,
Chris