Re: ias_admin like user

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:08:56 +0000

Hi Li,

Unfortunately there is no such luxury so far in Oracle AS 10G R2 (at least I am not aware about that, have worked a bit with AS). For development purposes we have written some shell scripts to peek up EAR files from particular directory and install those using the dcmctl utility in batch mode.
Developers have got dedicated Unix account to copy deliveries in particular directory.

It is not good idea I believe to give Developers power to changing parameters. It is some think you would like to have control on. We have installed AS under separate Unix user and give that user (and ias_admin credentials) to developers (making a full installation backup, before that). It is some think like pre development environment for where Developers free to do anything (changing parameters, deploying, undeploying, rm -rf etc ;). After they broke it we restoring that environment from the backup ;)

Hope this helps,
Jurijs

--
Jurijs