RE: ONS Configuration for 10g RAC Shared Oracle Home

From: Henry Poras <henry_at_itasoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:49:36 -0500

Jeffrey,

First go to the ORACLE_HOME used by your nodeapps (probably the database or the asm home, not crs. I believe that changes in R2). You can add additional logging by editing $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/conf'/ons.config and setting 'log level=3'. Then check out $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs and also $ORACLE_HOME/racg/dump. Probably a good idea to check these even before editiing ons.config. Hopefully your errors will show up here.

Henry