Re: running os command from pl/sql block

From: David Sharples <davidsharples_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:05:21 +0000

slight warning

Some OS'es will appear kinda weird, would then have to use some sort of decode to make it more readable

e.g.

XP Prof
SQL> select dbms_utility.port_string from dual;

PORT_STRING

IBMPC/WIN_NT-8.1.0 Its not an IBM either, its a dell :-)

SQL> select decode(dbms_utility.port_string, 'IBMPC/WIN_NT-8.1.0','Windows XP Professional') from dual;

DECODE(DBMS_UTILITY.POR

Windows XP Professional