Re: Trace file does not list detailed timings

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:37:16 -0600

Hi,

> it in the session when you enable sql_trace. The only problem is that you
> can enable tracing for a session from a different session, but you can not
> change statistics_level for a different session. At least I do not know of
> a way. There are set_int_paramt_in_session and set_bool_param_in_session,
> but no set_char_param_in_session.

Jonathan mentioned the _rowsource_execution_statistics parameter, this is a boolean parameter and could be set with dbms_system.set_bool_param_in_session.

Btw, from 10g there is a _rowsource_statistics_sampfreq parameter, which could control the performance impact (and accuracy) of gathering rowsource statistics. I haven't done any tests with it though...

Tanel.