Re: Solaris CPU Consumption

From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:09:27 -0800 (PST)

It's 'prstat' and available on Solaris 8, as I just checked.

Great command and a new one I learnt, but the problem is still the same. The CPU% for each process does not add-up to the 'Total' shown by 'top', or 'sar -u 2 5', for example. There are several processes list with CPU as 0.00% ( I tried prstat -n 100,1).

Thanks,
Deepak

> prsstat is the command you are looking for.
> information on CPU performance
> is provided by mpstat.
>
> AFAIK, both these commands work only on Solaris 9 or
> above.
>

> cheers
> anand

Do You Yahoo!?