Re: oracle 10gRel2 on RH EL4 Linux86

From: Thomas Fox <belvdr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:15:04 -0800 (PST)

We didn't do that on any of our boxes. We installed the 64-bit libraries and it went fine. Also, if /usr/bin/gcc is a shell script, I would be concerned. I've never seen that, and I can only assume you have the 32-bit version of the OS or gcc installed.

<code>

[root_at_oracle1 ~]# more /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant) [root_at_oracle1 ~]# file /usr/bin/gcc
/usr/bin/gcc: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

</code>

--Tom

> I just finished installing Oracle on a Sun v40z 4-way dual-core
> opteron system. I didn't worry about the environment variables that
> you mentioned, but thought I'd pass along something in case you are
> doing your install on a 64bit platform.
>
> /usr/bin/gcc is a shell script which you'll need to edit to enable
> 64bit compiles:
>
> #exec /usr/bin/gcc32 -static-libgcc
> -B/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/ "$@"
> exec /usr/bin/gcc32 -static-libgcc
> -B/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.2.3/ "$@"
>
> This was our first 64bit install, so we had to track this down to get
> the Oracle software to link.
>
> --Glenn

Do You Yahoo!?