Re: data from sql server to oracle on linux

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:16:49 +0200

Dwayne, Chris,

The tool that you have mentioned works only on Windows, but when you mention boxed solutions, I can't resist and suggest you to try out Oracle Migration Workbanch (but for MSSQL it works only on Windows), maybe there are ways to automate it. By the way, OMW is free. Also, there is good tool from Microsoft - Data Transformation Services, it works very nice when you need to transfer data from MSSQL to Oracle.

In fact, you can try to convince your daManagement, that it would be better if you could place data transfer application on Windows server (and initiate data transfer from Windows), and if they will agree, than you'll have much more possibilities to implement this requirement.

--
Best regards,
  Edgar Chupit