RE: library cache lock on import

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:00:34 -0500

Juan,

Here's a script I call liblock.sql that I use when I see library cache lock waits, to see who is blocking who. Hope it helps....

Here ya go:
 select /*+ ordered use_nl(lob pn ses) */

       decode(lob.kglobtyp, 0, 'NEXT OBJECT', 1, 'INDEX', 2, 'TABLE', 3, 'CLUSTER',

                      4, 'VIEW', 5, 'SYNONYM', 6, 'SEQUENCE',
                      7, 'PROCEDURE', 8, 'FUNCTION', 9, 'PACKAGE',
                      11, 'PACKAGE BODY', 12, 'TRIGGER',
                      13, 'TYPE', 14, 'TYPE BODY',
                      19, 'TABLE PARTITION', 20, 'INDEX PARTITION', 21,
'LOB',
                      22, 'LIBRARY', 23, 'DIRECTORY', 24, 'QUEUE',
                      28, 'JAVA SOURCE', 29, 'JAVA CLASS', 30, 'JAVA
RESOURCE',
                      32, 'INDEXTYPE', 33, 'OPERATOR',
                      34, 'TABLE SUBPARTITION', 35, 'INDEX
SUBPARTITION',
                      40, 'LOB PARTITION', 41, 'LOB SUBPARTITION',
                      42, 'MATERIALIZED VIEW',
                      43, 'DIMENSION',
                      44, 'CONTEXT', 46, 'RULE SET', 47, 'RESOURCE
PLAN',
                      48, 'CONSUMER GROUP',
                      51, 'SUBSCRIPTION', 52, 'LOCATION',
                      55, 'XML SCHEMA', 56, 'JAVA DATA',
                      57, 'SECURITY PROFILE', 59, 'RULE',
                      62, 'EVALUATION CONTEXT',
                     'UNDEFINED') object_type,
       lob.kglnaobj object_name,
       pn.kglpnmod lock_mode_held,
       pn.kglpnreq lock_mode_requested,
       ses.sid,
       ses.serial#,
       ses.username
  from v$session_wait vsw,
       x$kglob lob,
       x$kglpn pn,
       v$session ses
 where vsw.event = 'library cache lock'

   and vsw.p1raw = lob.kglhdadr
   and lob.kglhdadr = pn.kglpnhdl
   and pn.kglpnmod != 0
   and pn.kglpnuse = ses.saddr
/

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."