Re: Oracle rootkit

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:10:06 -0500

On 1/25/06, Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think Oracle would take the initiative to start providing
> tools to detect and remove this type of thing, but I suspect we won't
> see that until a large public incident of infection or data
> compromise.
>
> Have not looked at the list of Hotsos 2006 topics yet, wonder if any
> will be dealing with this type of thing.

Ethan,

That's a topc (Oracle rootkit) more suited for the BlackHat Briefings. Here are a few examples:

http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-05/bh-usa-05-speakers.html

Demystifying MS SQL Server & Oracle Database Server Security Cesar Cerrudo, Argeniss

*Advanced SQL Injection in Oracle Databases* *Esteban Martínez Fayó, *Argeniss

Circumvent Oracle's Database Encryption and Reverse Engineering of Oracle Key Management Algorithms *
**Alexander Kornbrust

*All New Ø-Day*
**David Litchfield, *Founder, Next Generation Security Software

Paul