Re: Application architecture & prod/pre-prod switcheroos

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:39:27 +1100

Edgar Chupit said,on my timestamp of 26/01/2006 1:20 AM:

> Or maybe you can have a luxury of having one logon trigger that
> executes alter session set current_schema?

and that also allows one to later on implement resource management, fine-grained security and a host of other things. Our preferred solution. Synonyms worked nice before but nowadays I'd go with logon triggers and set schema: much more flexible. And if you want access to multiple schemas, then create one that has synonyms to all the others needed and use that one as the target for the set current_schema.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto