Re: Security Questions

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:14:14 -0500

The sans folks seem to think that having a handle on the default role pws is a good idea, but I don't know what the vulnerability is, note it is sev 1:

http://www.sans.org/score/oraclechecklist.php

Action Description 		       	  Severity Level O/S   Oracle    Default
                                          level                Version   Install
2.2.11 Audit known default role passwords 1 	   ALL 	       ALL 	YES

The severity levels are set between 1 and 5 (1 indicating the highest level).