Re: function index

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:17:49 -0700

Did you analyze the table after building the FB index? The FB index creates an invisible column in the table and unless the table is re-analyzed that column will have no statistics and the CBO will use column statistics defaults to calculate selectivity and estimated cardinality.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation