CPU not used when multi-threaded

From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:39:50 +0300

List,

For one of our business critical database, we have assigned 12 cpus with multi-thread(logical) of 24 cpus. What we have noticed that oracle is not using all the CPU avaibale, at least 4 (8 logical) cpus are not being utilized. We have checked from OS level using sar report to confirm the sam during business peak hours. Is there any limitation with oracle not to use many logical CPUs?

Your time and advice is highly appreciated.

--

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 18 2006 - 03:40:09 CST