Re: Prod on Solaris and Dr on Linux

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:58:48 -0700

Oracle's old tried-and-true-and-trusty "advanced replication" product could probably do the job as requested. Setting up simple one-way DR replication on "adv rep" is quite easy.

However, for darn sure, an organization that isn't mature enough to put both primary and failover on the same hardware platform isn't going to be nearly mature enough to enforce change control to the degree required to use "adv rep" in production with any hope of success. "Adv rep" is not very tolerant of DDL statements...