Re: Prod on Solaris and Dr on Linux

From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:25:52 -0700

Yeah, I looked at yottayotta.com the last time you mentioned it. Definitely looks compelling...

Like I said, "I'm no longer current". Even so, I just can's see "production on Solaris; DR on Linux" as a sane combination. Certainly, it is no more sane than "production on Solaris; system-test on Linux", which is a configuration that I would be highly unlikely to endorse.

Oh well. I think I'll have another look that the yottayotta product line. As I recall, they didn't seem to be offering many hints as to "cost". Are you aware of anwhere I can learn about that -- without have to talk to a sales rep?