Re: Prod on Solaris and Dr on Linux

From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:08:51 -0700

Ah. You're thinking of standby. That is (a little) different. I still wouldn't do it though. A physical standby is about the lowest standard I'd be willing to accept for DR, and you've already found out that you can't do that across platforms.

Doing your DR with a "hot" (or "warm") recovery site, you probably *should* be shooting for identical infrastructure... (Hey, I did say I was a little behind the times on DR...)