Re: FB Enqueue

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: 2006-01-14 06:40:27

Hi,

FB enqueue is used when formatting datablocks in an ASSM segment (thus corresponding L1 BMB has to be updated as well). Did you see who was holding this enqueue that others were waiting for? Maybe this process who was formatting new blocks got stuck or in loop somehow while holding the enqueue.

The GTTs shouldn't affect this issue (at least not directly), as GTTs aren't managed using ASSM, they're just some chunks of data in temp tablespace, managed by in-memory structures.

Please let us know how it worked out...

Tanel.