SQL question

From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-13 20:30:28

Hi,

I am having tough time writing a select query. I won't blame it on Friday afternoon, it is really difficult to me.

Here is an example:

create table foo ( item number, part varchar2(2));

insert into foo values(1,'A');
insert into foo values(2,'A');
insert into foo values(2,'B');
insert into foo values(3,'A');
insert into foo values(3,'B');
insert into foo values(3,'C');

I want to query for item that matches exact parts given in the query. i.e.if I query for part A, I should get 1 ( no 2 and 3)

If I pass A and B , I should get only 2 (no 3) If I query for A, B and C, I should get only 3.

Query can have n number of parts, It should return only that item that has exact match to parts, no less no more.

Thanks

Sandeep