RE: Running Oracle and SQL Server on the same box

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: 2006-01-12 22:59:36

VMS 4 from the "new" TK50s, PDP-ll from those wierd metal-backed cassettes whose name escapes me, TOPS-20 restore from thirteen 1600bpi 9-tracks, created punched-hole carriage control ribbons for a Honeywell-Bull impact printer with a cool glue whose flashpoint was slightly above room temp, and to top it off:

        Oracle 9iR2 remotely from *three* CDs using the NFS mount/exportfs/edit/exportfs/umount trick. Ugh!

That kinda stuff look good on a resume these days? ;)

Glad we have DVDs now. Maybe the next version of Oracle will only take two of them...

Rich