Why doesn't setting of NLS_DATE_FORMAT work.

From: Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_SunTrust.com>
Date: 2006-01-12 12:26:52

I set NLS_DATE_FORMAT in the backup and I should get good time stamps like the one I've got for archive logs.

Starting backup at 2006-01-12:06:12:33

current log archived

channel t1: starting archive log backupset

channel t1: specifying archive log(s) in backup set

input archive log thread=1 sequence=6356 recid=596 stamp=579334366

(...)

channel t1: starting piece 1 at 2006-01-12:06:12:37

Yet, I do the same thing in the script kicked off by Netbackup and don't get the same results.

Starting backup at 11-JAN-06

channel ch00: starting incremental level 0 datafile backupset

channel ch00: specifying datafile(s) in backupset

input datafile fno=00060
name=/u006/oradata/clsdwp/il_extract_monthly_10302_01.dbf

(...)

channel ch00: starting piece 1 at 11-JAN-06

In both I'm using:

NLS_DATE_FORMAT=YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS; export NLS_DATE_FORMAT

Anyone see this before?

Oracle 9.2.0.5, Netbackup Release 4.5FP_3GA

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Mail Code TOC-7505

1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Va. 23227
Tel: 804.261.9446 Net: 643.9446

Cell: 804.744.1545
michael.kline_at_suntrust.com

Seeing beyond Money(sm)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is \ addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, \ retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this \ information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you \ have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from \ any computer.

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc. [ST:XCL]         Received on Thu Jan 12 2006 - 12:26:52 CST